Typically this time of year we see a few colds and a few people who catch the flu. One of the more serious has been the stomach bug, better known as the Norovirus. There seems to be stronger strains from year to year, and sometimes, people even end up in the ER with vomiting and diarrhea. Sometimes, communities and schools close because of different attacks. I am sure many of you heard of the cruise ships falling victim.
Combating Symptoms Naturally:
1. Replenish fluids with electrolytes not just plain water.
2. Suck on fruit such as a orange to help get natural vitamin c and sugar.
3. Rest as much as possible
4. Use good hygiene and keeps hands washed. Any exposure is extremely contagious and spreads rapidly.
5. Ginger without a doubt, ginger is the best stomach woe cure. Taken in any form, it will relieve nausea
6. B6 taken on onset will help boost immunity.
The average time is just a few days. Anyone in the vicinity is susceptible to exposure.
There is also a horrible cold, cough and sinus bug spreading too. The cough seems to last for a longer period than normal lasting 3-4 weeks. For this I would stop protocol only during the worst days. There is about a 3-4 day period of achy flu like symptoms. High dose vitamin C and rest is recommended.
I cannot stress enough the importance of prevention and hand washing. Building up your immunity will help you avoid getting sick. I recommend the use Apple Cider Vinegar daily. Apple cider vinegar serves to flush the system of toxins. Sipped as a tonic, comprised of water and apple cider vinegar, this compound cleanses the system without depleting nutrients from the system.
Spicy Apple Cider
8-10 oz hot water
2 tsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar
8-10 drops if liquid stevia
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon and optional spices such as cloves, nutmeg, allspice or apple pie spice.