Getting healthy means different things to different people. For some, it may mean replacing soda with water or eating more vegetables. Others may need to lower their blood pressure or cholesterol, or perhaps drop a few pounds. Some people may think being healthy means being able to hike to the top of a mountain or run a triathlon.
No matter what you think of when you think of being healthy, I can assure you that making small, consistent, positive changes will have a lasting impact on your life and the the lives of those who love you.
Adapted from Terri Savelle Foy’s Vision 101 program, here are 7 returns you will get from investing in a healthier lifestyle:
- You will get sick less often.
- You will improve your memory and increase your brain power.
- You will have fewer mood swings and increase your emotional stability.
- You will increase your metabolism and have less body fat.
- You will have more energy.
- You will get better sleep.
- You will simply enjoy life more.
You can take simple steps to improve your health daily like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or, perhaps, parking farther from the door at work or the at the grocery store. Maybe you need to drink more water. Maybe you need to stop the negative voice in your head and replace it with positive affirmations of who you really are or aim to be.
With so many benefits, why would we not want to get healthier. Make a decision today to make one small change toward this new and healthy lifestyle.