Biotin 5000 mcg
• Important for hair, skin and nail health
• Essential nutrient for carbohydrate metabolism
• Required for synthesis of fatty acids
• Helps to maintain a healthy nervous system
• Assists in converting food to energy
• Involved in transformation of amino acids into protein
• Contributes to health of sex glands and sweat glands
• Promotes normal cell growth
Biotin is a member of the B complex family, and it is not actually a vitamin; it is a coenzyme that works with vitamins. Produced naturally in small amounts by the intestines, Biotin was previously known as Vitamin H. Biotin gets its name from the Greek word bios, which means “life” and was first isolated in 1936. It is necessary for the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and protein. As a coenzyme, it is utilized by every cell in the body and is involved in energy metabolism and is essential for cell growth and replication. It plays a role in enabling the body to use glucose, thus, Biotin is helpful in maintaining a steady blood sugar level. It helps form and maintain chemical structures in keratin, the major protein found in hair and nails. As a result, it is found in many cosmetic products.
Compelling Reasons To Use This Product:
• Energy and Weight Loss: Biotin helps the body better use food for energy; it may increase energy levels and, by making the digestive process more efficient, biotin may help people lose weight. This makes biotin an ideal supplement if you are looking to have more energy and lose weight.
• Hair and Nails: Biotin supplements may improve thin, splitting, or brittle toe and fingernails as well as hair health and has been used to combat alopecia (partial or complete loss of hair) in both children and adults.
• Skin: Biotin may improve skin health and the symptoms of disorders like dermatitis or eczema. It may provide additional support to your current skin treatment program.
• Diabetes: People with type 2 diabetes often have low levels of Biotin. Biotin may be involved in the synthesis and release of insulin causing an improved insulin response which may subsequently reduce your dependency on insulin and improve your overall health. Preliminary studies suggest that Biotin may help improve blood sugar control in those with diabetes, particularly type 2 diabetes.
• Peripheral Neuropathy: Biotin supplements may improve the symptoms of peripheral neuropathy for some people who developed this condition from either long-standing diabetes or on-going hemodialysis for kidney failure. Peripheral neuropathy refers to damage to the nerves of the extremities, most commonly the feet and calves. It is felt as numbness, tingling, burning or strange sensations, and may be accompanied by pain, muscle weakness, and difficulty walking. People who have taken Biotin for these purposes tend to notice improvement as early as 1 to 3 months after starting the supplement.
• Candida Infections: Candida infections affect the skin, mouth, and vagina and are caused by a yeast-like fungus. Possible symptoms include white patches in the mouth or on the throat, painful cracks at the corners of the mouth, skin rashes found commonly in the groin%2
|Dimensions||2 × 3.5 in|