A Powerful and Sweet Treat
We know that berries, in general, are one of the best fruits to eat; here are some reasons you should consider eating strawberries more often.
- They have high antioxidant power which protects the body from cancer-causing, cell-damaging free radicals.
- These powerful berries contain over 13% of the RDA of dietary ﬁber and yet contain a mere 43 calories. This makes strawberries a benefit to balancing blood sugar levels and improving regularity, without adding a lot of calories to your daily intake.
- Although strawberries contain numerous vitamins, vitamin C is one of the most prominent. Just one cup of strawberries contains an incredible 136% of the RDA of this all-important vitamin. The combination of vitamin C and polyphenols make strawberries a powerhouse that can help prevent cancer, improve the immune system, and reduce the signs of premature aging.
- Additional benefits include improved eye care, help with high blood pressure, relief from arthritis and gout, and proper brain function.
- Finally, strawberries and their various nutrients, along with their relatively low-calorie constitution can help promote weight loss by stimulating metabolism and reducing appetite. One could use strawberries to satisfy sugar cravings healthily.
With all of these benefits, who wouldn’t want to bite into a sweet, juicy strawberry?
Try this delicious recipe that contains strawberries for a delicious afternoon pick-me-up.