This is a copycat recipe that’s super easy to make and tastes every bit as good as the restaurant version!
Chicken cooked in a savory sauce served in butter lettuce leaves.
Home-cooked, easy, healthy and delicious! It doesn’t get any better than that!
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil (Olive or Avocado will also work)
- 1 pound ground chicken (or bite-sized pieces of chicken breasts)
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup onion finely diced
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts drained and minced
- 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (Tamari or Liquid Aminos)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder (or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure organic honey
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves separated (or your favorite salad)
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula until mostly cooked through.
Add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until translucent. Stir in the water chestnuts and cook for 1 more minute.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce recipes. Pour over the meat mixture and toss to coat evenly.
Spoon the chicken into the lettuce leaves and serve with shredded carrots, jicama or green onions. (optional but yummy!)