Nutritious vegetables are transformed into a creamy gluten-free soup that is easy and delicious!
Creamy Cauliflower and Potato Soup
- 1 tbsp avocado, coconut or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 large potatoes (Yukon Gold is best)
- 1 head of cauliflower washed and cut into florets
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- Sea salt & fresh pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and celery and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Sauté over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and let cook for another minute.
Scrub and roughly cut potatoes into small chunks. Add potatoes, cauliflower and broth to the large pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes and cauliflower are soft
Remove pot from the heat then blend in a blender until smooth. Stir in coconut milk