Oats are often praised as one of the healthiest breakfast options around and for good reason: They’re a good source of fiber, and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Overnight oats are simple to make, handy to prep the night before and incredibly nutritious—a perfect (and easy!) way to start our day!
Eggnog & Butter Rum Overnight Oats
1/3 cup rolled oats (quick oats seems to get too mushy)
1/3 cup Homemade eggnog (recipe)
1/3 cup organic plain yogurt
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg (to taste)
2-4 drops Butter Rum Stevia (to taste)
1/8 tsp. of Sea salt
In a bowl or jar, mix together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for several hours up to overnight.
Optional but delicious:
- Adding 1 tsp. chia seeds or flaxmeal in the mixture before refrigerating boosts the nutritional value even more.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp. protein powder.
- Substitute Ceylon cinnamon for nutmeg. Not as traditional but yummy.
- Stir in sliced fruit or berries before refrigerating.
- Top with nuts or Healthy Granola (LINK) before serving.
- Although this recipe can be made with Greek yogurt, you may have to adjust the eggnog if it’s too thick.