Garlic Lemon Shrimp – A Perfect Holiday Appetizer
Baked Shrimp with a simple Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce – this recipe couldn’t get any easier and it’s perfect to serve as a holiday appetizer.
Shrimp provides nutrients such as vitamin B12, vitamin E, niacin and omega-3 fatty acids. Shrimp is also low in saturated fat making it a great dish to lose weight.
Garlic Shrimp with Lemon Sauce
- 1 1/4 lbs extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee (Can also do 2 Tbsp. chicken broth or 2 Tbs healthy oil)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Himalayan Pink Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- Fresh basil and/or parsley, chopped
Heat nonstick pan over medium heat. Mix of the broth with pepper, minced garlic, and other spices. Add to pan.
Cook less than a minute. Be sure not to burn the garlic. Add shrimp. Cook 3 minutes. Top with basil and serve.