You will find a lot of recipes which call for cooked quinoa, so this is just the basics to prepare and use accordingly.
1 cup of quinoa
1 1/2 c. water
Dash Himalayan Salt
1. Quinoa naturally comes with a bitter coating called saponin which should be rinsed off. Skipping this step may result in a bitter taste. Soaking also helps remove the saponin — I always soak my quinoa for 5-15 minutes then give it a good rinse, stirring it around in a strainer while rinsing.
2. Transfer the rinsed quinoa to a cooking pot with 1 1/2 c. water. I like to add a dash of Himalayan Salt.
3. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid and turn the heat down to simmer.
4. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. (keep lid on)
5. Fluff quinoa gently with a fork.
Since storing quinoa reduces the food value, try and consume it right away. However, you can store cooked quinoa in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze it for up to a month.