Frozen grapes are one of the best snacks ever! They’re low in calories, super healthy, and incredibly refreshing. And SO easy. I wash the grapes, put them in freezer bags, and then freeze them overnight. Simple, yes? And they kind of taste like frozen candy so my grandkids love them.
But grapes are also really good for you!
When cells are exposed to oxidative stress, like many of us are experiencing in today’s world, they easily undergo oxidative damage. This damage leads to a cascade of degenerative processes that can cause numerous diseases. Cutting down on the oxidative stress reduces the risks of health issues and life-threatening diseases.
Grapes are loaded with antioxidants may be the most effective way to control oxidative stress that so many of our bodies are experiencing.
Grapes also contain a ton of phytonutrients. Due to the amazing phytonutrients found in them, may offer better blood sugar balance, better insulin regulation, and increased insulin sensitivity.
These delicious fruits have been shown to
• Decrease chronic inflammation
• Boost your brain
• Improve heart health
• Aid in cancer prevention
• Lower obesity risk
• Increases the expression of three genes related to longevity.
Don’t let this little fruit fool you! One cup of fresh grapes has about:
- 104 calories
- 27.3 grams carbohydrates
- 1.1 grams protein
- 0.2 gram fat
- 1.4 grams fiber
- 22 micrograms vitamin K (28 percent DV)
- 16.3 milligrams vitamin C (27 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligram copper (10 percent DV)
- 288 milligrams potassium (8 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram thiamine (7 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram riboflavin (6 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram vitamin B6 (6 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram manganese (5 percent DV)
Source (Nutrition Data)