- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced, (keep greens for garnish)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Fresh ginger, grated (about a 1 teaspoon)
- 1 Tbsp wine vinegar (White or Red).
Combine the sauce ingredients and combine well. Add in the chicken pieces and mix until coated. Cover and store in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat a pan (wok if you have it) over medium heat. Add olive oil and once hot, add the broccoli florets, bell peppers, and onion, Cook for 2-3 minutes until tender but still a little crispy.
Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside in a bowl and cover to keep warm. Add a little more oil to the pan and add chicken with half the marinade. (we will add the rest of marinade later). Cook until fully cooked.
Add the sauteed vegetables, the reserved marinade, and mushrooms. Drizzle with sesame oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables fully mixed and the mushrooms are cooked. Top with the onion greens and serve.