Oil Pulling to cleanse your system!
What is oil pulling? Oil pulling is pretty simple but dates back many years. It actually uses oil to pull the toxins and bacteria from your mouth, teeth, and gums.
Why would I want to do this?
Some of the various benefits of oil pulling are: eliminates bad breath, reduces plaque, may reverse gingivitis, reduces dental cavities, stimulates the lymphatic system, removes toxins from vital organs, whitens your teeth, clears your skin, purifies blood from toxic waste content, improves digestion, and may resolve digestive problems and stomach issues!
How do I do this?
1. Wake up! HA! Easy to do – we do it at least once a day! It is important to oil pull first thing before eating or drinking anything.
2. Grab either coconut oil or MCT oil. MCT oil may be easier for first-time oil pullers as it is already liquid. You will be using 1-2 teaspoons (not tablespoons)
3. Swish the oil in your mouth for about 20 minutes. Keep a timer – more or less is not as effective. (This takes getting used to!) You will know because the clean and thick oil will get thin and milky-looking. DO NOT GARGLE.
4. Spit it out – into the toilet is the easiest to prevent film or backup in the drain.
5. RINSE WELL with warm water. Spit out the water with the oil that remained in your mouth.
6. Optional: Use a tongue cleaner to remove oil coating even more completely.
7. Brush your teeth
8. Repeat daily