Sneezing, wheezing, runny nose, and itchy, watery, red eyes; these are just some of the symptoms that more than 35 million Americans face each year as the pollen from trees, grass, flowers, and plants makes it way into the air.
Natural Tips to Help with Allergies:
1. Honey– Local honey can help you fight your seasonal allergies. The key is it must be from local honey bees. Click here to read the article on this theory
2. Red and Green Tea -Red (rooibos) tea and green tea are great for treating seasonal allergies. Both are high in antioxidants, which are thought to be allergen fighters.
3. Nasal spray -Buy a bottle of nasal saline and a bottle of peppermint oil. Remove the spray cap off of the top of the saline bottle. Put 10 drops, per 3 oz. of saline, of peppermint oil into the saline bottle.
5. Turmeric – Naturally anti-inflammatory, turmeric may soothe fatigue and aches associated with allergies. Homemade medicine recommends 500 milligrams three times daily. You can also use it in cooking – bring on the Indian food!
6. OTC Antihistamines or natural antihistamines like Common Nettle – Nettle is a natural antihistamine. A number of sources recommend regular use of nettle tea or nettle capsules leading up to and continuing through allergy season.