Strawberries are an excellent addition to a healthy diet. They are low in calories, delicious, and are associated with a reduced risk of many chronic diseases!
How can including strawberries in your diet change your health? Here are just a few reasons to consume these delicious berries!
- Promote weight loss by stimulating metabolism and reducing appetite.
- Are non-fat and low in calories (1 cup = 50 calories)
- Improve regularity with over 13% of the RDA of dietary ﬁber
- Improve the immune system
- Reduce the signs of premature aging
- Improve heart health
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Help prevent cancer
- Are very rich in antioxidants
- Protects the body from cell-damaging free radicals
- Help control blood sugar
- Are an excellent source of vitamin C
- Contain manganese, a trace mineral
- Contain decent amounts of folate (vitamin B9)
- Good source of potassium
With all of these benefits, who wouldn’t want to bite into a sweet, juicy strawberry?