Did you gain weight during quarantine? Follow our simple summer detox and jump start your weight loss in just 3 days!
Our liver is our main fat-burning organ, and when it becomes congested or clogged, it turns into a fat-STORING organ rather than a fat-BURNING organ. This is not conducive to weight loss or optimal health. A healthy liver not only burns fat more efficiently, but it also pumps the excessive fat out of the body by transporting it to the small intestine, where it is then digested and absorbed.
Taking steps to cleanse the liver and bring it back to full function will not only make us feel better — it will initiate the process of losing fat.
We are surrounded by toxins at every turn, no matter how hard we try to be healthy. You may not think of yourself as being toxic, but you most likely are. There are many obvious toxins such as alcohol, tobacco, and pesticides, but there are also many toxic substances that can enter into our bodies without our knowledge.
God created the human body to be the most intricate and active life form of all; we have been fearfully and wonderfully made. However, like any machine not properly cared for, protected, and fueled, things can begin to go awry after a while.
Your body is an amazing machine and has the ability to get rid of any substances it considers toxic by processing it through your liver or kidneys.
Jumpstart weight loss in 3 days
Unlike what the latest fad detox diets popping up on your Instagram feed might have you believe, you don’t have to resort to a crazy juicing plan or long detox diets to help achieve physical and mental wellbeing.
We all have busy lives and although a 21-day detox is beneficial for your system, sometimes you just can’t make it work with your lifestyle. (like mine!) And I know how overwhelming detox plans can be—planning, shopping, preparing. Doing a detox for 21 days (or more) just doesn’t work for me. So, I put together some of my favorite foods that help to fuel and detox your body and am sharing it here. My goal is that you won’t be overwhelmed and you’ll actually do it regularly!
Along with drinking enough water and getting adequate sleep, there are real (and delicious) foods you can eat to help remove toxins from your body naturally. The idea here is to consume the items on this list below. It’s not a complete detox, but it’s easy and helpful.
I love to buy enough food to do it for 3 days which is also a good way to jumpstart your weight loss. You can add our liver cleanse to boost your results.
Are there other fruits and vegetables that help with detoxing? Sure, but we didn’t want to overwhelm this post. It’s so easy I hope you incorporate these detoxing foods regularly!
- Eggs runny yolks aid by scrubbing the toxins out of the liver.
- Blueberries most nutrient-dense berries, and they can help with detox.
- Strawberries can suppress appetite and help promote the growth of good gut bacteria.
- Cranberries flush the kidneys, lymphatic system, and intestines of toxins.
- Lemon works as a digestive and detoxifying agent. Juice it into your beverages throughout the day.
- Grapefruits packed with nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber.
- Spinach gives you vitamin A and fiber (the more dark green leafy vegetables you eat, the more weight you lose.)
- Cruciferous Vegetables contain unique compounds that can help support your body’s ability to detox.
- Cucumbers support the digestive tract and help to cleanse the liver.
- Celery is an amazing blood purifier and eliminator of toxins.
- Red onions are rich in sulfur compounds, anti-inflammatory agents, aids in detoxification, and weight loss.
- Raw Almonds, Walnuts & Seeds provide both protein and fiber and great to eat between meals to prevent hunger.
- Salmon contains the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin—great for detoxing.
- Organic yogurt for protein, healthy fat, probiotics, and gut health. (Can be Greek. Must have 9g of sugar or less and eat in moderation if the goal is to lose weight.)
- Apple Cider Vinegar detoxes your body, aids in digestion, lowers cholesterol, blood pressure levels, and aids in weight loss. Try and take 1/2-1 teaspoon 20 minutes before meals.
Prepare these alone or combine these natural foods—whatever works for you. Do something simple or find a recipe you love.
Keep in mind runny egg yolks scrub the liver more than cooked, and you will consume more nutrients by eating raw fruits and vegetables.
Detoxing is intended to flush toxins from the body, which requires drinking a lot of water. Drink 75-100 ounces of water over the course of each day you detox. Although you can do green tea, yerba mate, or other natural teas, your water count should be water. You can add Little Choices Matter Flavored Stevias, lemon, grapefruit, cranberries, mint, or cucumbers to your water.
Meal Ideas & Recipes
- Start your day with warm water and a half of a lemon. You can also add stevia.
- A smoothie with blueberries, strawberries, spinach, and yogurt.
- Poached eggs
- Yogurt and/or fruit bowl
- A spinach salad with salmon & almonds (can use seasonings, extra virgin olive oil, and vinegar)
- Mix cruciferous vegetables in salads
- You can often buy cruciferous vegetables chopped and ready to cook in the produce section of your grocery store. I will buy cauliflower rice and mix it with some greens. I fry them up together with seasonings – super easy!
- Little Choices Matter Seasonings makes clean cooking a delicious breeze! I often just sprinkle them over my salads or during cooking. So easy, yes?
- Little Choices Matter Flavored Stevias are flavorful, sweet, and easy to make your beverage or dish extra delicious.
For more cleansing tips and recipes click here.