The last two generations has seen the epidemic of Fast Food and convenience cooking. We have started seeing the fall out of taking this path in our health and obesity problem here in the United States. We cannot blame the Fast Food industry, but we can take some personal responsibility with the next generation and starting re-teaching them about proper nutrition and healthy eating.
Here are some tips:
1. Encourage Healthy Snacks.
2. Keep fruit and veggies cut up and ready.
3. Introduce them to Greek Yogurt and healthy smoothies instead of ice cream.
4. Start as young as you can as it will be easier to get them on board with eating healthy.
5. Cook with them, something that they will enjoy and teach them to make good food using healthy ingredients.
It is up to us to change. Little Choices Matter every day!