What is a Zero Calorie Food?
Eating a variety of raw or slightly cooked veggies and fabulous fruits can boost your body’s fat-burning ability substantially, especially if they are “zero calorie” foods.
It does not mean that there are no natural sugars or fructose in them (or no calories); it simply means that the particular food requires your body to spend more energy (calories) on processing and digesting it than the food itself contains; in other words, the thermic effect is greater than its food energy content.
The following list of zero calorie fruits and vegetables may surprise you:
- Zucchini, Turnips, Spinach, Radish, Onion, Lettuce
- Green beans, Garlic, Garden cress, Endive, Cucumber
- Hot chili peppers, Dandelion, Celery, Cauliflower, Cucumber, Carrot
- Green cabbage, Broccoli, Beets, Asparagus
- Watermelon, Tomato, Tangerines, Strawberries
- Raspberries, Pineapple, Papaya, Peaches
- Oranges, Mango, Honey dew melons, Grape fruit
- Cranberry, Cantaloupe, Blueberry, Apples
So, enjoy some delicious fruits and vegetables and let them do the work for you! When these foods are used in addition to a healthy and balanced diet, you will feel the difference – and your body will thank you for it!