Hemp seeds are a nutty food source considered by leading researchers to be one of the most nutritious superfoods on the planet! It has been said to be nature’s highest botanical source of essential fatty acid – which tops it above flax or chia seeds. They are very small and I use them much like I do Chia seeds which is usually in my yogurt or protein shakes.
These little seeds benefits include: increased energy, normalized blood cholesterol, relief from arthritis and soft skin.
These little seeds are packed with nutrition. They are very common as a vegetarian source of protein and are easily digestible.
Here’s why every diet should include this super food. Hemp seeds are:
- A complete and balanced source of all 20 amino acids, including the 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) our bodies cannot produce.
- High in essential nutrients including chlorophyll, magnesium, potassium, sulfur, phytosterols, ascorbic acid, beta-carotene, calcium, fiber, histidine, iron, potassium, phosphorus, riboflavin, niacin and thiamin.
- High in fiber, both soluble and insoluble.
- Great protein source – 3 Tablespoons of Hemp Seeds = 11 g
- Highly-digestible – great for those with intestinal issues
- Excellent source of Omega 3s and 6s – They a balanced ratio of omega 3 to 6 fats at around a 3:1.
- A rich source of phytonutrients, the disease-protective element of plants with benefits protecting your immunity, bloodstream, tissues, cells, skin, organs and mitochondria.
My favorite brand of seeds is Nutiva. Nutiva uses the finest certified organic ingredients, their organic seeds are grown without any chemical pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers and their not genetically modified–safer for you and the planet. Their products are certified by Quality Assurance International(QAI)-which is a USDA authorized organic certifier.
LCM Tip: Replace Olive Oil with Hemp Seed Oil – Little changes, little choices do matter!