If you are gluten-free, or low-carb, or simply don’t want to eat a huge and heavy meal, this is a delicious option for you.
Zoodles & Chicken Pesto
- 5-6 medium zucchini
- ¾ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, divided
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup pine nuts, pecans, walnuts, or pistachios
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ cup MCT oil plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1-2 teaspoons Signature Blend
- Using a spiralizer, spiral zucchini into noodles. Place the “zoodles” in a colander and toss with ½ teaspoon salt. Let drain for 15 to 30 minutes, then wrap in paper towel to remove excess water.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado, basil, nuts, lemon juice, pepper and the remaining ¼ tsp Himalayan Pink Salt in a food processor. Chop finely using pulse setting. Add ¼ cup oil and blend until smooth.
- Heat 1 TBSP MCT oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, while stirring. Add chicken and Signature Blend seasonings. Cook chicken thoroughly then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 TBSP MCT oil to the pan. Add the drained zucchini noodles and gently toss until hot, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl, add the pesto and gently toss to combine.
- ENJOY and be sure to comment on this post!!