15 Tricks to Add Flavor to Your Water
It’s that time of year where hydration is so important! We all know we need to drink water throughout the day, but water can be boring! Am I right? Here’s a few tricks on how you can make water taste better so you drink more of it!
I often start with a little fresh lemon juice and then add in the bonus ingredients as desired. Whenever possible use fresh lemons, not artificial lemon juice. I freshly squeeze them and freeze the juice in small ice cube trays. It makes it easy to pop one in my water throughout the day.
Drinking lemon water consistently throughout the day, is one of the best things you can do for your body. Lemons are high in Vitamin C which aids the immune system but it will help with hydration, digestion, detoxification, and supports weight loss.
Your water choices matter!
Whenever possible, use a quality bottled water or in-home filtration system. (Fiji is best).
Spring water comes from an underground source and has been filtered by the earth in ways we do not completely understand and far exceeds the purifying process than any man invented.
Purified water is water that comes from any source, but has been processed to remove any chemicals or contaminants—which has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are that potentially harmful chemicals may be taken out but the disadvantage is that the beneficial minerals that fresh water offers may be taken out as well.
These “add-ons” help me drink more water AND detox my body at the same time!
• A splash of unsweetened cranberry juice
• Ginger, Lemon and raw honey (Recipe)
• A splash of Acai juice or other 100 percent fruit juice (no added sugar)
• Slices of citrus fruit – oranges, limes and lemons
• Muddle sprigs of mint or other herbs (lemon balm, basil, etc)
• Fresh or frozen berries – strawberries, blueberries, etc.
• Slices of cucumber
• Pineapple chunks or slices (best when soaked for over 2 hours)
• Orange slices or juice from an orange
• Frozen clementine slices
• Flavored ice cubes (made from watermelon, orange, lime, coffee, berries, etc.)
• 1/8 tsp. sea salt and/or a few drips of Trace Mineral Drops will help your adrenals and increase hydration
• Tea – brew black, green, white, or flavored (i.e. passion fruit) then chill or serve over ice. I love to mix tea and Aha Peach for a delicious ice peach ice tea.
• Lemonade Stevia or other stevia flavor of choice
• Make it bubbly by adding some sparkling water
It’s so easy to establish a great water intake routine! Have your favorite items handy so you can enjoy water and stay hydrated! We would love to know your ideas! Post them in the comments below!