Coconut Sweet Potato Muffins: Ideal for Weight Loss!
This may look like a lot of ingredients, but this recipe is super simple and great to have on hand throughout a busy week.
Sweet potatoes are a great root vegetable to include if you are trying to shed some weight. It’s high in fiber and low in calories. It also has a high satiety index is scientifically proven to aid weight loss. Unlike the regular starchy potato, a sweet potato is loaded with proteins, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
We made our muffins with coconut milk because it is high in healthy medium-chain fatty acids that boost metabolism and support weight loss. If you want to cut even more calories, try replacing the oil with applesauce. (Read More)
Coconut Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 small organic sweet potato, roasted
- 3/4 cup organic coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. Organic olive oil
- 3 tbsp. Ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup organic brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice seasoning (or a blend of cloves, nutmeg, ginger, etc)
- Coconut shavings, unsweetened (optional)
Make several holes in the skin of the sweet potato, and place it on a baking tray. Cook at 400 for an hour. Remove from oven and cool. (Keep oven on)
When cool, cut the sweet potato in half, scoop out the insides, and put them in a large bowl. Add flaxseed, coconut milk, olive oil, and sweetener.
Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl, and add them to the wet mixture.
Pour the batter into a muffin pan, sprinkle with coconut shavings (optional) and bake for 30 minutes.