Do you have a sore throat? Stuffy nose? Feeling achy? This tea will help!
Each ingredient in this special drink has a purpose!
- The heat and the ginger will warm you right up.
- The steam will help your sinuses.
- The ginger and the honey will work to soothe a sore and scratchy throat.
- The lemon will give you much-needed vitamin C.
Ginger Honey Lemon Tea
1” fresh ginger, grated (no need to remove skin)
1 Tbsp. raw, unpasteurized honey (Click here to see why we recommend Manuka honey, especially for illnesses)
6-12 oz. hot/warm water (too hot will destroy the vitamin C)
Place the grated ginger in a cup and add the hot water. Let it steep for 3-5 minutes. Place honey and lemon in another mug and then pour the ginger tea into the mug through a strainer.
- You can slice the ginger, but you won’t get nearly as much of a ginger kick.
- Add a dash of Ceylon cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or nutmeg for a warm spice flavor.
- Add a few drops of lemonade stevia or other flavored stevias.
- Use a cinnamon stick to do the stirring to dissolve the honey.
- Add 1/8-1/4 tsp. turmeric for a more therapeutic effect.
- Add a dash of cayenne to help clear out the sinuses.
- My mom’s suggestion (a little old-school but effective) is to add a shot of whiskey for a “medicinal” hot toddy.