Cooler temperatures bring out the slippers, hot cocoa, and mug cake! They are one of the easiest and simplest recipes you can make and it’s equally delicious for breakfast or dessert. These little cakes are moist, gooey, and completely guilt-free!
Gingerbread Mug Cake
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, softened or melted (no margarine allowed!)
1 Tbsp. applesauce
15-20 drops of Gingerbread Liquid Stevia
Whisk wet ingredients in a larger size mug or individual souffle dish until somewhat fluffy. Blend in dry ingredients until mixed well.
Although these can be made in the oven using a muffin pan or souffle dish, you can microwave them if an oven is unavailable or you only have a minute to bake it.
Place cup in the microwave and cook for 1 – 1/2 minutes. Microwave cooking can be tricky so be careful not to overcook your cake—it may become dry. No worries if it is, we have a lot of options below to salvage your cake or just enjoy it in different ways.
Mix it up with these Delicious Options
- Add 1 tsp. natural peanut butter
- Add 1/2 tsp. hemp seeds
- Add 2 Tbsp. protein powder (you may want to cut down on the flax meal)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, pumpkin seasons or protein powder (shown).
- Substitute the applesauce for organic or plain yogurt or Greek yogurt.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt. Extra delicious with a few more drops of Gingerbread Stevia mixed in.
- Pour almond, rice or whole organic milk over the cake and enjoy every moist bite.
- Cut your cake into slices and spread with a thin layer of butter
- Dip in almond milk bite-by-bite.
We hope you enjoy this recipe during the holidays and all year long!