My Top Ten Crunchy Snacks
Most people love to snack, and I am no exception. As a graphic designer, I sit at my desk for hours and I love to walk into the kitchen and grab a snack. It’s okay that we occasionally have a snack throughout the day, as long as it’s healthy. I also travel a lot so I take some of these on the plane with me as to not tempt me from the unhealthy foods offered at airports.
I have a lot of people ask me what I snack on, so I put together a Top Ten list 🙂
- This is my all-time favorite. There is nothing better than sitting down at night with hubby and watching a movie along with healthy popcorn. I make a full batch and if hubby don’t dig in, I have enough to snack on the following day.
- Second runner up? I always have it in the house and it’s great for traveling. Healthy Trail Mix.
- When I am in the mood for something salty and crunchy I make my Healthy Corn Chips. Most of the time I just dip them in my Holy Guacamole. I’ll add some back beans and corn over top and then drizzle with salsa. Sometimes I’ll some pepperjack cheese and broil in the oven for a few minutes. Always eat with guacamole!
- Celery is basically a zero calorie food so it’s a healthy choice for a snack if you are trying to remove some extra pounds. I love mine with peanut butter, apple butter or Heavenly Ranch Dressing. I’ll even slip in a few other raw vegetables for variety.
- Dehydrated apples. I only eat these when I travel because it’s hard to eat just a few! Read more on dehydrated fruit here.
- Healthy Choice Granola. It’s healthy but very addicting so be careful! And since it has honey and agave in it, it’s not for every day consumption. I can just eat it out of the fridge but love to have it mixed in with my Greek Yogurt.
- Multi-grain crackers (such as Ak-Mak or Back to Nature) with a layer of peanut butter in between. If you haven’t tried it, give it a whirl. It’s wonderful!
- Spelt pretzels. I like to dip them in peanut butter. Sometimes I’ll make my Chocoate Peanut Butter Pretzels or Chocolate Bites Delights and (nuts optional) and then dip my pretzels in the chocolate mixture and pop in the fridge to set.
- I love crackers and cheese. It’s a favorite afternoon snack or after dinner with a glass of wine and a dear friend. I make healthy cracker choices: Instead of Triscuit crackers I eat Harvest Whole Wheat Crackers, instead of Wheat Thins I eat Crispy Wheat Crackers and this one is my all time favorite Multi Seed Cracker. It has a great flavor and don’t need cheese 🙂 If you choose to consume cheese, see my post on choosing wisely with cheese. For more crackers visit the Back to Nature.
- I make this only on occasion due to the sweeteners, but I love this during the holidays or if I am entertaining. Take a peek at my Candied Nuts.
Happy Snacking … The healthy way!